2015-09-14

Strawberry cheesecake.

Cheesecake is not a cake or a pie, it's a dessert. It's a dessert from my childhood and I don't eat it very often, only when I visit my home country, which is once-twice a year. My grandmother used to bake a lot such as my mum and I think that's why I am interested in baking. I had a lot of hobbies such as English language, than sewing, knitting and now baking, which I love the most.
This was my second attempt at making cheesecake and it was really stressful for me. I was checking the temperature every 10 minutes and couldn't focus on anything else at that time. I bought cream cheese in a bucket and it should be that thick that you can cut it with a knife. When I was making a cheesecake for the first time I didn't know about it and I thought that cream cheese that I bought will be ok, but it had consistency of a yogurt, so my cheesecake went straight to the bin... It collapsed in and was almost liquidy. 
I am sure that I'm going to try and make it again and maybe some day I will make my perfect cheesecake, but for now I am very pleased with this one.




Ingredients:
  • 170 g digestive biscuits
  • 60 g melted butter

Crush biscuits into a powder using a blender or a rolling pin (then you have to put all biscuits into a plastic bag). Mix with melted butter until you have a consistency of a wet sand.
Put parchment into a baking pot. Put mixed biscuits on top of it, even it. Put it into the fridge for about 30 minutes.

Ingredients for a cream cheese mixture:
  • 500 g cream (curd) cheese
  • 1/2 glass of double cream
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tbsp of lemon juice
  • 2/3 glass of caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp of potato flour
  • 1 tbsp plain flour
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 300 g strawberries (it can be frozen and you don't have to refrozen it)
All ingredients should be kept in home temperature.
Place all ingredients in a bowl (leave strawberries for later) and mix just a little. Don't mix too long, because there will be too much air in the mixture and it will rise a lot in the oven and then collapse.

Pour the cream cheese mixture onto a biscuit base, which you've prepared earlier. Cut strawberries in half and place them on top of the mixture.

Bake in 150 degrees for 60 - 75 minutes. After that time cheesecake should be elastic and bouncy. Cool it in a slightly open oven (do not take it straight out of the oven!) and than put it into a fridge for 12 hours.

Before serving you can sprinkle icing on top.

Source: http://www.mojewypieki.com/post/sernik-truskawkowy





What desserts do you like? Do you bake or buy your favourite cakes/desserts in a supermarket? Leave a comment below. I would be happy to read all of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

podobne wpisy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...