2015-10-27

BAKE IT: Carrot cake.











I only ate carrot cake once, when my friend brought it to work and it was great! Since then I wanted to make my own carrot cake, but it seemed so difficult to make (I didn't even read the recipe) and I also wanted to learn how to bake simple recipes so I left this one for later. 
One day I looked in the fridge and I saw that we have a lot of carot there, so I googled the recipe and I finally made it the next day. 
I think this is one of my favourites, it's a nice sponge which isn't dry at all, you actually can't taste the carrot (I'm talking here about its texture) but you can notice a sweetness from carrot. And believe it or not - philadelphia is just perfect with it. It will be one of my "must-bake" cakes for autumn and winter.


Ingredients:
2 cups of plain flour
3 cups of grated carrot
1 cup of oil
3/4 cup of caster sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of cinnamon
pinch of salt
Walnuts (add the amount you prefer)

Cream cheese frosting:
500g of Philadelphia or mascarpone
1/2 cup of sugar
100g of soft butter

Method:
Grate peeled carrots on a bigger grater. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a bowl. Mix eggs with sugar in another bowl, then add oil and mix again.
Add dry ingredients to egg and sugar mixture and mix ingredients with a spoon. Add carrot and walnuts.
Pour your mixture into a 25 cm cake pan with a parchment on it and bake in 180 degrees for 50 minutes.
Cool the cake in a cake pan and then leave it to cool completely on a wire rack.
Mix every ingredient of a cream cheese frosting into a smooth mixture, add more sugar if you like.
Slice the cake into 2-3 sponches and put frosting on each of them.
Put whole walnuts to decorate the top of your cake. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.

Put into a fridge to cool.

Enjoy!












Do you like carrot cake? What is your favourite autumn bake? Let me know in comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

podobne wpisy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...